The Mediobanca Group today
For seventy years we have been supporting companies and households with high-level advisory services and dedicated solutions, ranging from the simpler and more traditional products to the most sophisticated solutions available on financial markets. In the past ten years we have doubled our revenues by balancing our corporate and retail activities effectively.
The 2016-19 strategic plan represents an acceleration in our strategic repositioning process, with the objective of growing our high-profit banking activities, while at the same time continuing with our equity investment disposal programme.
Today Mediobanca is:
- The leading Italian investment bank (advisory, lending and capital markets) with branches and offices in Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Moscow, New York and Paris
- One of the leading consumer credit operators in Italy through Compass Banca
- A new Italian wealth management hub which combines CheBanca!’s asset management activities with private banking
Key financial highlights (data as at 30 June 2016):
PROFIT AND LOSS ACCOUNT
|Revenues:||€2.0bn||Total assets:||€70bn||AUM (2):||€32bn|
|GOP:||€1.15bn||Customer loans:||€34.6bn||No. of staff:||4,036|
|Net profit:||€605 m||Funding:||€46bn||Fitch Rating:||BBB+|
|Cost/ income ratio:||44%||Lending/funding:||74%||Payout:||38%|
|ROTE:||7.4%||CETI B3, phase-in:||12.1%||Dividend per share:||€0.27|
|ROE adj (1):||7%||CETI B3, fully phased:||12.6%||Market Capitalization (3):||€7.2bn|
1) Excluding gains (losses) on disposals of AFS shares, writedowns and non-recurring income
2) Includes AUM held by Cairn Capital and the Barclays business unit acquired
3) As at 13 March 2017.
|GROUP PROFILE||LONG TERM RESULTS|
|CORPORATE GOVERNANCE EXECUTIVE SUMMAR||QUARTERLY DATA SINCE 2005|