- registered letter with return receipt to: Piazzetta Enrico Cuccia, 1 – 20121, Milan;
- e-mail address to: email@example.com;
- certified e-mail address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bank shall respond within 30 days to complaints related to banking and financial services and transactions, whereas it shall respond within 60 days to complaints concerning investment services. If the compliant is deemed grounded by the Bank, the Bank shall inform the Customer thereof in writing, specifying the deadline within which the Bank undertakes to resolve the matter; otherwise, if the compliant is deemed groundless by the Bank, the Bank shall explain the reasons why it does not accept the complaint.
If the Customer has not received a response by the deadlines provided or is not satisfied with the outcome, the Customer, prior to taking any legal action, may contact:
- in the event of disputes on banking and financial services and transactions, the Banking and Financial Ombudsman (ABF). For further information on how to contact the ABF and the scope of its activity, the Customer may visit the ABF website www.arbitrobancariofinanziario.it or ask the Bank;
- in the event of disputes on investment services and activities, to the Ombudsman on Financial Disputes (ACF). For further information on how to contact the ACF and the scope of its activity, the Customer may visit the ACF website www.acf.consob.it or ask the Bank.
In any case, the investor cannot waive the right to take legal actions and this right is always exercisable, also when the relevant contract provides clauses whereby disputes are devolved to different alternative dispute resolution bodies.
In the event of initiating a civil mediation proceedings in compliance with the terms provided by the applicable laws and regulations, the Customer and the Bank may involve, even in the absence of any prior complaint filed, other bodies registered on the special register held by the Italian Ministry of Justice and specialised in banking and financial matters.
The list of the mediation bodies is available on the website of the Italian Ministry of www.giustizia.it.In accordance with the provisions of Section XI of the Bank of Italy’s instructions dated 29 July 2009 “Transparency in banking and financial operations and services – correct conduct in relations between intermediaries and customers” and subsequent amendments, Mediobanca S.p.A. publishes a report on own website once a year describing the activity on handling complaints.
Report on complaints handling activity – 2015/2016
No complaint was received by Mediobanca S.p.A during the reference period.
Report on complaints handling activity – 2014/2015
Mediobanca S.p.A. received a total of two written complaints, in connection with reimburse of certificate deposits, which was replied.