News and Press Releases
- GovernanceMediobanca strengthens its wealth management division with the addition of Frank GoasguenThe manager will be Global Head of Mediobanca Alternative Asset Management
- BusinessLaunch of Mediobanca Private BankingMediobanca steps up its growth in wealth management, with the launch of Mediobanca Private Banking Angelo Viganò to head up the new division. Private banking initiative goes alongside the strategy of strengthening the traditional and alternative investment product offering.
- GovernanceMinutes of Annual General Meeting, 28 October 2017The minutes of the ordinary Annual General Meeting of shareholders which took place on 28 October 2017 is now available to the public at the company’s head office and on websites www.emarketstorage.com) and www.mediobanca.com (Corporate Governance/General Meeting 2017)
- GovernanceReview of qualifications for members of governing bodies appointed by shareholders at the Annual General Meeting held on 28 October 2017At a Board meeting held today, following review by the Appointments Committee, the Directors of Mediobanca established that the Directors and Statutory Auditors appointed by shareholders at the annual general meeting held on 28 October 2017 are in possession of the requisites stipulated by the regulations in force and by the ECB. In particular the Board established that: - The following Directors qualify as independent under the terms of the definition provided in Article 148, para. 3 of Italian Legislative Decree 58/98: César Alierta, Maurizia Angelo Comneno, Marie Bolloré, Maurizio Carfagna, Maurizio Costa, Angela Gamba, Valérie Hortefeux, Alberto Lupoi, Elisabetta Magistretti, Massimo Tononi, Gabriele Villa, and all members of the Statutory Audit Committee; - The following Directors qualify as independent under the terms of the definition provided in Article 19 of the Articles of Association: César Alierta, Maurizio Carfagna, Maurizio Costa, Angela Gamba, Valérie Hortefeux, Alberto Lupoi, Elisabetta Magistretti and Massimo Tononi. Director Maurizia Angelo Comneno does not qualify as independent under the terms of the definition provided in Article 19 of the Articles of Association on account of her post as member of the Executive Committee. The Board also assessed the collective adequacy of its own composition and ascertained that it is consistent with the guidelines made in the Report on the qualitative and quantitative composition made by the outgoing Board of Directors approved on 14 June 2017.
- BusinessMediobanca and Ram Active investments to enter into a long-term strategic partnershipMilan and Geneva (Nov. 23, 2017) - Mediobanca SpA (“Mediobanca”) and RAM Active Investments SA (“RAM AI” or “the Company) are pleased to announce they have agreed the terms of a strategic partnership in which Mediobanca will acquire a 69% interest in RAM AI.
- GovernanceMerger of Banca Esperia into Mediobanca: minutes of Board meeting filedMerger of Banca Esperia into Mediobanca: minutes of Board meeting filed The minutes of the Board of Directors’ meeting held on 26 October 2017, at which a resolution was approved pursuant to Article 2505, para. 2 of the Italian Civil Code and Article 6 of the company’s Articles of Association regarding the merger of 100%-owned subsidiary 100% Banca Esperia S.p.A. into Mediobanca S.p.A. has been made available to the public at the head office of Mediobanca and on websites emarketstorage.com and mediobanca.com in the Corporate Governance/BoD section. Milan, 22 November 2017
- Culture and SocietyMediobanca and Unioncamere unveil survey of medium-size Italian industrial companiesThe Research Department of Mediobanca, in conjunction with the Research Department of Unioncamere, has prepared a survey of Italian medium-size manufacturing companies. The volume provides aggregate earnings and financial data on such companies located throughout Italy. A total of 3,316 companies are covered in this nationwide survey. Aggregate data has been compiled on the basis of geographical area and sector of operation, and indication has been provided of companies forming part of industrial districts and other local production systems. The publication can be downloaded from website www.mbres.it/en
- Culture and SocietyR&S: survey of multinationals with focus on software and web companiesNew edition of R&S’s survey of multinationals (2012-2016), with a focus on software and web companies
For sending and storage of Regulated Information, Mediobanca uses the eMarket SDIR transmission system and the eMarket STORAGE storage mechanism available at www.emarketstorage.com, both of which are managed by Spafid Connect S.p.A., with registered office in Foro Buonaparte 10, Milan, Italy.