Mediobanca has received notice from the ECB regarding the Pillar 2 Capital Requirement (P2R) to be met as from 1 January 2023 at the consolidated level, in accordance with the outcome of the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) for 2022.
In particular, the overall capital requirements to be met are 7.95% in terms of Common Equity Tier 1 ratio, 9.76% in terms of Tier 1 ratio, and 12.18% in terms of Total Capital Ratio.
This requirement is made up of:
- 4.5% by way of Common Equity Tier 1 ratio;
- Additional Pillar 2 requirement of 1.68%, 0.95% by way of Common Equity Tier 1 ratio and 1.26% of Tier 1;
- Capital Conservation Buffer of 2.5%, all of which Common Equity Tier 1 ratio.
Mediobanca’s capital ratios at the consolidated level as at 30 September 2022, including the dividend accruals with a payout ratio of 70%, were as follows:
- 15.1% for the Common Equity Tier 1 ratio,
- 16.9% for the Total Capital ratio, calculated applying the phase-in criteria in force for 2022;
- 14.0% for the Common Equity Tier 1 ratio,
- 16.0% for the Total Capital ratio, calculated applying the fully-phased criteria.
Milan, 20 December 2022
 Ratios do not include the Countercyclical Buffer of 0.01% as at 30/9/22