Appointment of Lead Independent Director
In accordance with best international practice, the Directors of Mediobanca, at a Board meeting held today, unanimously appointed Angela Gamba (independent Director, appointed from the Assogestioni minority list) as Lead Independent Director, with the following duties:
- To convene and preside over meetings of the independent Directors, to discuss matters of interest regarding the functioning of the Board of Directors;
- To serve as a point of contact within the Board of Directors in order to co-ordinate the independent Directors’ requests and contributions;
- To work together with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to ensure that they receive exhaustive and timely reporting flows on the Bank’s operations;
- To perform the role of spokesperson in the Board evaluation process with regard to the functioning, size and composition of the Board of Directors and its Committees;
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time, in particular on strategic issues and/or extraordinary transactions.
Milan, 7 April 2022