In a competitive scenario in which business and consumption models are undergoing profound and continuous transformation, the changes required to face the challenges posed by the market necessarily involves valorizing our staff and developing their professional capabilities.
Every person looking to embark on a professional journey with the Mediobanca Group must have a sound basis in technical skills, and excellent human and relational capabilities.
Everyone can feel part of the value creation within the Bank, as professional figures of different levels often work closely together.
A strong disposition towards team work is therefore essential. With its branch offices in Frankfurt, London, Paris, Madrid, Istanbul, luxemburg and New York, Mediobanca is experiencing strong international growth: staff who work for us must be ready to face the challenges this entails.
The Mediobanca Group:
- believes that respect for the person and the dignity of each individual collaborator is fundamental to the development of a working environment based on mutual trust and loyalty;
- undertakes to comply with the legal requirements in every geographical region and business in which it operates, and further undertakes to comply with the princples referred to in the international treaties protecting human rights and employment, and on countering corruption, organized crime and international terrorism;
- is sensitive to the issue of protecting the environment as an asset of primary importance. To this end, it directs its choices in such a way as to ensure compatibility between economic initiative and environmental requirements, in accordance with the legislation in force.
Mediobanca has adopted a series of initiatives to support staff assessment, involvement and professional growth, including international experience, to allow development and training pathways to be developed which are coherent and effective for the Bank’s business.
The Junior Talent Programme is a scheme to recruit high-potential staff by offering new graduates a quality training experience, which increases Mediobanca’s appeal as potential employer for talented young people.
The Bank also promotes internal mobility through rotations, within Italy and internationally.
Performance evaluation is the system operated by Mediobanca to assess individual performances.
The system ensures that the process is objective, the activities suitably recorded and the various stakeholders’ responsibilities clearly defined, and that individual actions are aligned with the vision of the team/unit/area/Bank for which those individuals work.
Mediobanca is constantly seeking to identify internal staff for inclusion in its succession planning, to fill any vacancies which may arise in the positions of executive directors and/or key Group management staff.
Mediobanca sees protecting the health of its staff as a fundamental prerequisite and promotes their mental and physical well-being, adopting specific protection/prevention and promotion programmes, and raising awareness of the initiatives at all company levels.
- Protection/prevention: at Mediobanca the risks to which staff may be exposed in the course of their duties, and the injuries which could occur to them as a result, have been identified and evaluated thoroughly. Based on these findings, a programme for preventing such risks has been developed;
- Promotion: Mediobanca is proactive in providing staff with the necessary means for healthcare treatment and assistance, through indepth checkups for early detection of serious diseases, and by promoting correct information on cancer-related illnesses.
Mediobanca also promotes well-being in the wider community through its partnership with the IEO. Founded in Milan by Umberto Veronesi with the financial and direct support of Mediobanca, the IEO over the years has become a renowned centre of international excellence for clinical work and research in the area of cancer. Mediobanca is a shareholder in the IEO with a stake of around 15% and has supported all its activities since its inception.
Mediobanca guarantees equal opportunities for all of its staff and human resources regardless of the employment arrangements by which they are linked to the Bank (i.e. interns, collaborators, staff employed on a contract basis, etc.), and also for candidates aspiring to professional positions with Mediobanca.
In particular Mediobanca guarantees that all the above persons are treated without distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference, whether direct or indirect, based on:
- age, gender, sexual orientation, civil status, religion, language, ethicn or national origins, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, parenthood (including adoption), personal convictions, political opinions, trade union affiliation or activity;
- access to work, assignation of duties and qualifications, transfers, disciplinary proceedings, promotion and professional training, including professional and career progression, working conditions including pay, complementary pension provisions and benefits.
The Bank’s Code of Ethics makes express provision for the valorization of diversities and the protection of equal opportunities.
In line with market practice, the remuneration package offered by Mediobanca includes pension, insurance and healthcare benefits. Agreements and special deals for staff have also been arranged with a variety of retailers, Group companies and other banks.
INDICATORI DI PERFORMANCE SOCIALE
Human rights universally recognized are those defined by the following conventions and declarations:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations and related protocols
- United Nations Convention on Civil and Political Rights
- United Nations Convention: International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work 1998 (in particular the eight ILO core conventions)
- Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action.
Here are few indiators:
|TOTAL NO. OF EPISODES LINKED TO DISCRIMINATION||CORRECTIVE ACTION UNDERTAKEN|
|No. of episodes of gender discrimination involving staff||none|
|No. of episodes of age discrimination involving staff||none|
|No. of staff involved in episodes of gender discrimination||none|
|No. of staff involved in episodes of age discrimination||none|
|No. of episodes of discrimination which involve external stakeholders||none|
Internal system for managing episodes of discrimination (description)
Excerpt: Directive on equal opportunities, bullying and harassment.
Scope of application
Mediobanca is committed to taking the necessary action to ensure this directive is fully effective.
|Corrective action undertaken (description)||none|