CheBanca! is the Mediobanca Group’s digital and retail arm.
Set up in 2008, it was the first native multi-channel bank in Italy, i.e. the first to adopt a business perfectly integrating all distribution channels (web, customer care, new-generation branches).
In a market which is often dominated by complex and costly alternatives, CheBanca! has brought simplicity and transparency to its product offering, making financial and technological innovation the heart of its strategy.
Over the years it has enhanced its product portfolio, supplementing the initial offering (current accounts, savings accounts, “pocket” accounts, mortgages) with increasingly sophisticated savings and investment solutions, such as its Yellow account, asset management and asset insurance products and now Yellow Funds, the first funds to be marketed under the CheBanca! brand.
Customer services and contact channels have also increased over time: from dedicated customer care on Facebook, to advanced electronic signatures, to the launch of WoW, the first Italian Wallet of Wallets.
CheBanca! was chosen as best online bank for client satisfaction by the German Quality and Finance institute for three years running (2013, 2014, 2015).
Over the years it has embarked on numerous ventures aimed at promoting innovation: from publishing projects (CheFuturo!, the online journal dedicated to innovation, and SmartMoney, a vertical fintech blog) to various collaborations with the world of start-up s(CheBanca! Grand Prix, Atlante Fintech Startup).
In December 2015 the Mediobanca Group and Barclays Bank PLC have signed an agreement for the acquisition of a selected perimeter of Barclays retail Italian business by CheBanca! (press releases).
CheBanca! today has over 550,000 customers and some €14bn in deposits.
- Mediobanca operates in retail banking through its subsidiary, CheBanca!
- CheBanca!, founded in 2008, has achieved a significant position in the market, being distinguished for its:
- high brand recognition
- effective and innovative multi-channel distribution (internet, 58 own branches, direct banking)
- simple and transparent products such as mortgage lending, insurance products, deposits and current accounts, investment products
- sizeable, stable and affluent customer base, with over 520,000 customers
- strong commercial results: approx. €13bn (as at 30/09/2014) of total funding, approx €11.3bn or which deposits, over €4.4bn in mortgages disbursed.